← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

(non hot-linked) olink reference to book in PDF format

From
natk <>
Date
2014-02-03T03:08:21+00:00
ID
Thread
(non hot-linked) olink reference to book in PDF format
(I originally mistakenly posted this to docbook-apps)

I've looked into this further, and I have managed to customise the xref text using the gentext templates. My next question is how do I format the xreftext?

I've read and tried to implement the Customising Cross Reference Style section from: http://xml.web.cern.ch/XML/www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/GeneralCustoms.html 

by adding the following template to my FO customisation layer:

  <xsl:template match="book" mode="insert.title.markup">

    <xsl:param name="purpose"/>

    <xsl:param name="xrefstyle"/>

    <xsl:param name="title"/>

    <xsl:choose>

      <xsl:when test="$purpose = 'xref'">

        <fo:inline font-style="italic">

          <xsl:copy-of select="$title"/>

        </fo:inline>

      </xsl:when>

      <xsl:otherwise>

        <xsl:copy-of select="$title"/>

      </xsl:otherwise>

    </xsl:choose>

  </xsl:template>

but this template does not seem to be having any effect. Any tips as to what I am doing wrong here?

I can see that the chapter and appendix xreftext are italicized (from the standard templates in xref.xsl), but I can't get the same thing to happen for the book elements.

Nat 

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I'm trying to link between books (without hot-links).

The text that is generated for everything but the top-level books is fine. It renders Refer to <olink targetdoc="bookDocId" targetptr="section"/> as Refer to Section x,y, “Title” in Book Title.

But when I olink to the book itself: Refer to <olink targetdoc="bookDocId" targetptr="bookId"> there is no fo:inline element, it just renders the book title: Refer to Book Title.

Is there some configuration or customisation that I can do to get this to render as something like Refer to Document "Book Title".

I'm using docbkx 2.0.15 which uses version 1.78.1 of the stylesheets.

Nat
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread