Re: T2 SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo

From
Arvola Chan <>
Date
2001-08-09T02:02:01+00:00
ID
024501c12076$ede126b0$
Thread
Re: T2 SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo
David:

I don't quite agree with you that syncReply must apply to all transfer
between two parties or none.

Section 7.5.11.1 syncReplyMode attribute in the CPP/A spec allows for 4
possible values: signalsOnly, responseOnly, signalsAndResponse, none.

It also states:

The ebXML Message Service's syncReply attribute is set to a value of "true"
whenever the 1190
syncReplyMode attribute has a value other than "none". 1191

If syncReplyMode is set to signalsOnly, for example, I think the response
will have to be returned asynchronously.

Regards,
-Arvola

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fischer <>
To: christopher ferris <>
Cc: ebXML Msg <>
Date: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 6:44 AM
Subject: RE: T2 SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod in
QualityOfServiceInfo


How do you set SyncReply on a message-by-message basis?  If I understand you
correctly, syncReply MUST apply to ALL transfers between two parties or to
None -- must always be the same.  I think we may want a little more
flexibility.
We allow this flexibility in multi-hop, why not in single-hop?

In EDIINT, syncReply was always default to True and we occasionally would
change
to False for very large files -- allowing the connection to close rather
than
wait (potentially hours) for a very large file to be decrypted or the MIC to
be
generated for a NRR.  (Instead of syncReply, EDIINT calls this parameter
Receipt-Delivery-Option).  IMO, we need to allow for the unforeseen.

In the case of ReliableMessagingMethod, I'm not even sure what this does or
why
we need it at all.  What does a value of "Transport" mean -- the spec
doesn't
say?  I assume it means just send the message and don't worry about RM since
this hop can't handle it?  I think this will never be used but David seemed
to
think it was needed and I don't have any heartburn with that.  Since I this
sits
right next to SyncReply in the Ack, I included it in parameters which need
to be
allowed without an Ack.  Either way is fine with me.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: christopher ferris [mailto:]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 5:58 AM
To: David Fischer
Cc: ebXML Msg
Subject: Re: T2 SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod in
QualityOfServiceInfo


David,

Where does this requirement come from? In the case of
syncReply, the CPA is what determines this. In the absence
of a CPA, then a virtual CPA applies.

Cheers,

Chris

David Fischer wrote:
>
> There should be nothing in the Via which is not also in other headers.
Via
> should only be used for multi-hop intermediaries.  In the case of
SyncReply,
> there is no single-hop way of requesting SyncReply=true.
>
> Attributes SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod should also be in
> QualityOfServiceInfo.  They should retain their current defaults.
>
> Regards,
>
> David Fischer
> Drummond Group.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this elist send a message with the single word
> "unsubscribe" in the body to: 


------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this elist send a message with the single word
"unsubscribe" in the body to: