← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

[ebxml-msg] Backward compatibility with V1.0

From
SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <>
Date
2001-10-16T09:47:45+00:00
ID
Thread
[ebxml-msg] Backward compatibility with V1.0
Folks, 

The new revision v1.05 lacks backward compatibility with V1.0. For
example, "OnceAndOnlyOnce" parameter was removed and
"duplicateElimination" parameter was added. However I guess that several
vendors already began to develop actual MSH products based on the
specification v1.0. If the minor revision v1.1 has not backward
compatibility with v1.0, two kinds of MSH implementations (based on v1.0
and based on v1.1), which can not communicate with each other, will
appear in the market next year. This situation breaks our one of most
important purposes "interoperability" among different vendor's MSH
implementations.

I think the revision ideas discussed in the F2F meeting are good, but I
believe incompatible revision should be executed in V2.0. I propose that
we withdraw incompatible revision points from v1.05 and executes the
incompatible revision in V2.0, not V1.1.


Regards, 

--
SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →