I like Error on Ack (like the 1.0 model) the best.
If we allow Ack on Error then it becomes really messy when there is a
failure on the Ack message. And when the retries are reached on sending an
"error" over RM does this generate another error of delivery failure? Messy
:-)
> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Fischer [mailto:]
> Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 12:30 PM
> To: ebXML Msg
> Subject: [ebxml-msg] Ack on Error, or Error on Ack
>
>
> I did not get to bring this up today so I will try eMail.
>
> If we allow both Ack on Error and Error on Ack, we have the
> potential for an
> infinite loop. Either is fine but not both.
>
> First we chose to allow Error on Ack but not Ack on Error (no
> Error messages
> sent reliably).
>
> There was some dissention, so we changed to allowing Ack on Error
> but not Error
> on Ack (Error message can be sent reliably but if there is
> something wrong with
> an Ack there is no notification). Now there is dissension the opposite
> direction ;-(
>
> I prefer Error on Ack since it seems redundant to send an Error
> reliably and I
> would like to know if there is a problem on my Ack. I will be
> happy either way
> but we need to decide (and quit sending me complaints).
>
> Which way?
>
> Regards,
>
> David Fischer
> Drummond Group.
> ebXML-MS Editor.
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
> manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>
>