RE: [ebxml-msg] Investigation Required: Trusted Timestamp

From
Dale Moberg <>
Date
2004-05-20T15:55:42+00:00
ID
Thread
RE: [ebxml-msg] Investigation Required: Trusted Timestamp
I have looked at Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Time-Stamp
Protocol (TSP)
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3161.txt

But I haven't seen anyone saying how or whether SOAP based
communications makes use of
(or more likely reinvents) the above service.

WSS does have a time stamp element, but I don't think it is geared to
provide independent assurance that data existed before a given time like
RFC 3161 does.

Should we reference RFC 3161? Maybe ask WSS TC if they plan on taking
this topic up sometime? 
Anyway I don't think there is any standard that has a lot of traction
yet. Google showed that
there could be some products out there that provide RFC 3161 support.




-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:] 
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 6:04 AM
To: 
Subject: [ebxml-msg] Investigation Required: Trusted Timestamp


2.0 says: 


"At the time of this specification, services offering trusted timestamp
capabilities are becoming available. Once these become more widely
available, and a standard has been defined for their use and expression,
these standards, technologies and services will be evaluated and
considered for use in later versions of this specification." 


3.0 should say: 


? 
___________________________ 
Matthew MacKenzie 
Senior Architect 
IDBU Server Solutions 
Adobe Systems Canada Inc. 
http://www.adobe.com/products/server/ 
 
+1 (506) 871.5409