RE: [ebxml-msg] ISSUE: Role in PartyId needs to be a required element.

From
Durand, Jacques R. <>
Date
2006-12-07T23:44:01+00:00
ID
Thread
RE: [ebxml-msg] ISSUE: Role in PartyId needs to be a required element.
how about using a single default URI, that simply means 
there is absolutely no semantics attached to this value:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/defaultRole

(I don't like falling back on pseudo-roles like 
Requester / Responder, that may actually conflict with real role 
values...)

 

Jacques

From: Dale Moberg [mailto:] 

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 10:42 AM
To: 

Subject: [ebxml-msg] ISSUE: Role in 
PartyId needs to be a required element.

I notice that Role is still not a 
required element in the ebMS header.

 

I would like the schema to require 
its use as unnecessary interoperability problems can be avoided by requiring the 
element.

Also, when ebMS is used with CPPA 
(and when CPPA is connected with BPSS), it promotes integration by including the 
Role element.

If the CPPA and BPSS are not used, 
it is easy to just default Role to something like Requester or 
Responder.