← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
A first assessment of ebMS profiling for AS2
After a quick scan of the AS2 specification, here are the main areas where I see profiling work to do, for achieving similar functions on top of ebMS3: 1- Receipts: MDN replaced by a combination of RM acks and eb:Receipt? 2- MIME & HTTP bindings: mapping or keeping the AS additional MIME content-types, and HTTP headers? 3- Header fields: ebMS header mapping or profiling of AS2 headers & system identifiers (AS-From...) 4- security aspects: S/MIME vs XML DSig & Encryption, map AS security features to equivalent ebMS/WSS? 5- MEP aspects: the "secure transfer loop": to be covered by appropriate (new / profiled?) ebMS MEP(s) 6- error handling: new errors or error profiles needed? Ian: I believe that assisting the creation of such a profile would fall under our current charter line: "- prepare Technical Reports, White Papers and other documents to further the consistent adoption of messaging service specifications" The outcome being here "technical report" defining a profiling of ebMS V3 that would support AS2 equivalent. Am I right? Jacques
← Prev in month
← Prev in thread