Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [ebxml-msg] bundling rule clashes with WS-I BP

From
Pim van der Eijk <>
Date
2010-03-09T20:25:41+00:00
ID
F75C1ADFA3C645E19C726B36075698E9@Roussanne
Thread
RE: [ebxml-msg] bundling rule clashes with WS-I BP
Hi Jacques,

 

Good catch.  Yes,  we should use MIME attachments as 
only option for secondary user message units. (The primary unit could 
still go to the body, if that is what it would go to in the non-bundled 
case).    This avoids having to worry about unique 
identifiers in XML business payloads. Those payloads are typically generated by 
back-end applications, and for an MSH to be able to just copy them into a 
separate MIME container has many benefits separate from the WS-I conformance 
issue.  

 

Pim

 

From: Jacques R. Durand 
[mailto:] 
Sent: 09 March 2010 
20:37
To: 
Subject: 
[ebxml-msg] bundling rule clashes with WS-I BP

We have a bundling 
rule that violates the WS-I Basic Profile 2.0:

 

 In Bundling 
 3.2.1:

  

  
SOAP 
  Body: the Body children elements of every ebMS message unit are listed at 
  same level under the SOAP Body of the bundled message. These parts are still 
  referred to by the eb3:PayloadInfo element of the related 
  message unit header. An application that bundles multiple message units MUST 
  make sure that any XML ID values that are unique in the message unit are also 
  unique in the bundle.

BP 2.0 profile 
(similar one exists in BP 1.2 for SOAP 1.1):

R9981 
(from issue: ) 
An ENVELOPE 
MUST have exactly zero or one child elements of the soap12:Body 
element. 

in 4.4.1: 

" 
For document-literal bindings, the Profile requires that at most one 
part, abstractly defined with the element 
attribute, be serialized into the soap12:Body element. ..."

Rationale is "...interoperability problems if 
different implementations do not agree on the number of allowable children for 

   the soapXX:Body element. "

Proposal:

We should redefine this bundling rule so that 
all implementations must comply with WS-I BP, and puts all payloads except one, 
in attachments.

At best, the possibility of several Body 
children elements should be just an option (yet a "not recommended" one), 
that should not be required to be supported in the conformance clause - and can 
be controlled / agreed on via PMode.

 

Jacques
Next in thread → Next in month →