Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [ebxml-msg] FW: Testing AS4 and WS-I BP20

From
Pim van der Eijk <>
Date
2012-03-14T17:20:43+00:00
ID
DA6DF0812D17420AB8C88CEEE8C38735@Roussanne
Thread
RE: [ebxml-msg] FW: Testing AS4 and WS-I BP20
I'm assuming we have no call today,  not having seen any 
announcements.

Next week I'm travelling, but Mar 28 is an option for 
me.

 

Pim

From:  
[mailto:] On Behalf Of Jacques 
Durand
Sent: 12 March 2012 06:14
To: 

Subject: [ebxml-msg] FW: Testing AS4 
and WS-I BP20

Makesh/Sander:

Can we put AS4 testing (and 
compliance with WS-I BP2.0 profile) on the agenda of next 
meeting?

Also, we should keep discussing 
the possibility of a “REST/JSON” version of AS4, as longer term 
item.

Thanks,

Jacques

From: 
 [mailto:] On 
Behalf Of Jacques Durand
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:47 
PM
To: 
Subject: [ebxml-msg] 
Testing AS4 and WS-I BP20

 

I’d like to add a “Testing” agenda item for tomorrow 
call.

Two sub-items:

(a)    
Conformance to WS-I Basic profile (BP2.0) . There exists 
a Test Suite for BP2.0 (I worked on it…) and we could use it provided we format 
our message exchanges in an XML log file. I could help on that. That would 
require first to be able to capture the HTTP trace of some AS4 exchanges. Can we 
do that on existing implementation(s)? Sander: could/does Holodeck generate 
this, or an accessory tool? 

(b)   
Conformance to AS4: I suggest here to shoot for a small 
proof of concept methodology. That could  mean: (i) generate an HTTP trace 
that is then formatted as an XML log as in (a)(that alone could be a useful 
debugging feature). (ii) write some XML/XPath test assertions verifying AS4 
requirements at envelope level or across messages (e.g. message-Receipt 
coupling)(I can help here), (iii) run the test tool Tamelizer http://code.google.com/p/tamelizer/ 
that verifies  test assertions over XML log.

Point (a) might actually be very important to OASIS WS-I 
committee, as they lack an implementation of BP2.0 to be able to submit to ISO 
(they have 3, need 4). We need to comply with a subset of BP2.0 to qualify – say 
as a message Sender. We don’t need to conform to the WSDL part or to the (WS) 
“instance” part of BP2.0, out of scope for us.

-jacques
Next in thread → Next in month →