Re: [emergency] CAP adopted for Cell Broadcast interface

From
<>
Date
2004-10-08T23:55:02+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [emergency] CAP adopted for Cell Broadcast interface
A joint release sounds excellent. I agree.

Rob

-------------------------------------------

Rob Torchon

Vice President, Engineering

offc: (818) 932 0660 x230 (new)

 fax: (818) 932 0661

cell: (805) 551-6232

Art Botterell <>

10/08/2004 01:00 PM

        

        To:        

        cc:        

        Subject:        [emergency] CAP adopted for Cell Broadcast interface

Folks -

Just got off a couple of calls with folks from the 

cell-broadcast-alerting consortium... <http://www.ceasa-int.org>... 

they tell me they've decided to adopt CAP as their message-entry 

standard internationally.  They're interested in doing a joint news 

release with OASIS... I said I'd check with the TC and see if anyone 

had any objection.

Of course, personally I'm pleased they've found CAP a good fit for 

their application... and particularly glad that they've found our 

internationalization provisions adequate for a global roll-out.

- Art

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/members/leave_workgroup.php.