Dear Lisa,
I guess many companies are banning a biz trip over the country.
I cancelled my flight. I'm willing to follow up only the result of meeting without participation.
However, if we decide to postpone, I can attend.
I vote to postpone the meeting to October.
Good Luck!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Carnahan" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 3:41 AM
Subject: URGENT: Please read
>
>
> Hello All,
>
> Len Gallagher and I learned this morning that we are restricted from
> traveling until October 1. Therefore we need to discuss how to
> proceed. Here is what I know:
>
> 1. Based on the number of responses received to date there were seven folks
> planning on attending the meetings. (This number does not include Len, our
> Korean colleagues (three) who have cancelled their plans or me.)
> 2. I have received a few requests to postpone the meeting, perhaps until
> the end of October.
> 3. We are trying to meet the December 1 deadline. We have a few weeks
> buffer in our schedule that we had planned on using as a public comment period.
>
> Here are our options:
> 1. Hold the meeting with heavy conference call participation. I will ask
> someone of my choosing to chair the meeting.
> 2. Postpone the meeting.
>
> An added twist: Currently NIST does not appear to be receiving incoming
> external email. We will rely on the archive to read the discussion
> messages. Expect some delay on our end.
>
> I apologize for this disruption. However I am positive that we can
> continue to move forward.
>
> Lisa J. Carnahan
> National Institute of Standards and Technology
> 100 Bureau Drive
> Stop 8970
> Gaithersburg, Md. 20899
> (301) 975-3362
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
> manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>
>