We can approve it as a committee approved document. Basic steps are:
1. Present the document at one of our telecons (just an overview/intro)
2. TC reviews for 2 weeks, sends comments
3. Comments are resolved
4. At the next telecon, TC agrees to vote on the document as a best
practices paper
5. Two week ballot is set up by TC Chair for TC voting
6. If TC approves, the document becomes a TC approved document, and is
posted for public view.
Let me know when you feel it is ready to present and I will add it to
the agenda.
Thanks,
Kathryn.
-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Nickull [mailto:]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 8:49 AM
Cc:
Subject: Re: [regrep] Impact of ICG Adoption on CCRIM SC (Was:
[regrep]UN/CEFACT-ICG adopts freebXML Registry)
I actually also suggested this to Mark Crawford and others when I was in
DC. I think it makes sense.
Before we do this, I would like to wrap the work up slightly. The
easiest way to do this is to change the title to something like
"Recommendations to UN/CEFACT for storage of Core Components in an ebXML
Registry/Repository" and then approve it as a best practices document
within the TC.
I am not sure what process we, as a TC, need to go through to approve
this as a non normative document.
Kathryn?
Duane
Farrukh Najmi wrote:
> One important thing I did not mention is that UN/CEFACT is now doing
> two things as part of their ICG Architecture:
>
> 1. Define a normative expression syntax in XML for Core Components
>
> 2. Define a normative mapping from CCTS Information Model to ebXML
> Registry Information Model
>
> These were 2 important specification that SHOULD have been done by
> CCTS but since they were not we chartered CCRIM SC to do these.
> Now that UN/CEFACT teams are committed to doing this work I propose
> that the CCTS team donate their current work-in-progress as input
> (along with any recommendations) to the UN/CEFACT ICG and CCTS teams
> and recharter to become the liaison and consultant to those teams as
> they define and finalize these two tasks.
>
> Duane and others colleagues. What do you think of this idea?
>
To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgr
oup.php.