Sorry for the delay in responding - I was out of town and off e-mail all
of last week.
Several months ago I began a task to summarize the most recent WS-I
Basic Security Profile[1], which I had to put on hold due to other
commitments. So at this point, I see 2 possible paths:
(1) I complete the summary and send to the group, which we then
"process" (see later for what "process" means), or
(2) We work right from the document[1], which we then "process"
By "process", I mean:
(a) Go through the summary or document and determine which sections
apply to us - for example, those sections on WSS would not apply yet as
we have not implemented WSS;
(b) For those sections identified in (1), verify our compliance
I am happy to complete (1) over the next few days if folks think it
would be beneficial - otherwise we can work right from the document
itself. If we work from the document itself, I am also happy to help
narrow down the sections we need to focus on - and verify our compliance
(regardless of which path we take - (1) or (2)).
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Joe
[1]
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicSecurityProfile-1.0-2004-05-12.html
Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:03 PM
> To: Stojanovic, Nikola
> Cc:
> Subject: Re: [regrep] Alignment with WS-I, WS-Security, ...
>
> Stojanovic, Nikola wrote:
>
> >As far as I remember, Joe was going to do an analysis about how
> >"compliant" our current approach is re: relevant WS specifications /
> >profiles, ...
> >
> >Has this been done? If not, is it still on?
> >
> >
> This definitely needs to be done for version 3.0.
> As I recall Joe had the task of identifying what needs to be
> changed in the specs to conform completely with WS-I Basic
> and Security Profiles. Joe any update on this AI?
>
> I would be glad to take the AI of updating the details in the
> specs if I had this list available.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from
> the roster of the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/le
> ave_workgroup.php.
>
>