My question is:
"why are we all working before 8:00 AM on a Sunday?"
Sheesh!!!
Duane
(going to coffee shop)
-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:]
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:00 AM
To: Duane Nickull
Cc:
Subject: Re: [regrep] Introducing the Raining Data TigerLogic XDMS
plug-in for freebXML Registry - from Ash Parikh
Duane Nickull wrote:
>Ash:
>
>This is great! You may wish to note however that it is not the first
>time XQuery has met an ebXML registry implementation. Back in XML
>Global (circa 2001-2002) we did the same thing. The engineers
>complained for months on end ;-) I think Matt spent a lot of time
>architecting the project.
>
Thanks for setting the historical record straight on this Duane and Matt
:-)
Just to be clear. I think it was not Ash, but I, who said that:
"I am excited about this because it is bringing XQuery to and ebXML
Registry implementation for the *first time*."
I had never heard anything before about XQuery support in XML global's
ebXML Registry and should have figured that
those brave pioneers could have ventured into XQuery space earlier :-)
But what is important is that all of us 3 colleagues have given our
congratulations to Ash and the Raining Data team for their important
announcement.
Finally, we should as a TC, also recognize the significance of the Eco
System of commercial products and VARs that is coming of age around our
specifications.
>D
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:]
>Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 5:27 PM
>To:
>Subject: Re: [regrep] Introducing the Raining Data TigerLogic XDMS
>plug-in for freebXML Registry - from Ash Parikh
>
>Ash Parikh wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>Here's introducing the Raining Data TigerLogic XDMS plug-in for
>>freebXML Registry:
>>http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/CaseStudies/RainingData
>>
>>
><http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/CaseStudies/RainingData>
>
>>
>>Many thanks to Farrukh for all his assistance and guidance in
>>developing the architecture and implementation for the plug-in.
>>
>>
>Kudos to Ash, Mohammad and the Raining Data team on the development of
>this plugin for freebXML Registry.
>
>I am excited about this because it is bringing XQuery to and ebXML
>Registry implementation for the first time.
>As I recall several TC members have expressed interest in supporting
>XQuery as a query syntax in a future version of our
>standard and this work will allow us to gain valuable experience
towards
>
>that goal.
>
>
--
Regards,
Farrukh