Re: [regrep] [Urgent] Proposal for OGC Search Summit

From
carl mattocks <>
Date
2008-09-09T18:01:53+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [regrep] [Urgent] Proposal for OGC Search Summit
Farrukh:

 

Your 1 page description is very exact (of course) about the RegRep 4 search. Perhaps it would be more readily absorbed if you added some statements about how it relates to use of  ' Application Profile .. about what information content, syntax, and semantics are to be communicated over the service ' ( Z39.50 BER implementation notes ) and 'SearchRetrieve response parameters ' (SRW/SRU) 

carl :-}

 

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Farrukh Najmi <> wrote:

All excellent points. I have made the suggested changes in attached version. Thanks very much for your timely feedback. 

David RR Webber (XML) wrote:

Farrukh,
 Typo HTT GET
 Otherwise - I'd maybe tone it down a little - from the gushing enthusiasm - to the more considered learned - "we would be pleased to work with you".

 Also - I suspect there are use cases / technologies out there - so I'm not sure "foundation" is best position - maybe - "standards based platform" / so as not to box them into a corner?
 Thanks, DW

 
 
   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: [regrep] [Urgent] Proposal for OGC Search Summit
   From: Farrukh Najmi <>

   Date: Tue, September 09, 2008 11:42 am
   To: ebXML Regrep <>

   Dear colleagues,

   Please note that this email is time-sensitive and solicits your

   input ASAP.

   The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is holding a special Search
   Summit
   meeting to discuss future directions for interoperable search
   within OGC
   services.

   I will be attending the meeting and will be making a proposal to use

   ebXML RegRep 4.0 search features within future OGC specifications.
   Please review the attached 1 page draft proposal and provide input
   and
   comments. Background information on the meeting is also attached

   to this
   message. I will soon also send a slide presentation for your
   review that
   will be used to provide details on RegRep search features for the OGC
   Serach Summit meeting.

 
-- 
Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC

co-Chair (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
Ontolog ONION Cop Leader
VP Berkeley Town Underwater Search & Rescue Unit
CEO CHECKMi 
vmail (usa) 908 322 8715


www.CHECKMi.com
CHECKMi:Mate Semantically Savvy Agents