← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

SAML 2.0 new features help.

From
Giuseppe Sarno <>
Date
2005-10-17T14:34:10+00:00
ID
Thread
SAML 2.0 new features help.
Title: SAML 2.0 new features help.

Hi,

I'm new to SAML and I'm trying to get most of reading through Internet and Specs.

A couple of things I'm trying very hard to understand:

1 )everywhere I can see the new features of 2.0 like Federated Identity support:

SAML 2.0 remedies this by defining how two sites can, with the participation of the user, establish an (or multiple) identifier for that user in a dynamic online fashion. SAML 2.0 also defines mechanisms to allow both sites to manage (e.g., update, cancel) identifiers once agreed upon.

This is basically account linking. 

Ok now I cannot find how SAML 2.0 achieve this in any of the spec at the OASIS web page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=security#samlv20

file: saml-2.0-os.zip: 

2)  Also there is a mention about SAML 2.0 providing a protocol which doesn't requires cookies to be exchanged between SP and IDP to achieve session management,

but again I haven't found anything.

Can anyone please help ?
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread