Re: [saml-dev] Simplest-to-deploy java SAML idp?

From
Chad La Joie <>
Date
2008-12-29T20:37:35+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [saml-dev] Simplest-to-deploy java SAML idp?
Yeah, these are Shib question.  I'd recommend kicking them over to the
shib list.  I'll answer them when I get up tomorrow.

morgan packard wrote:
> Cool, so I may be able to dispense with the JRE security configuration and
> just work in the web container?
> 
> Do you know if Shibbolith allow me to use whatever bizarre/convoluted
> authentication process my company requires (meaning, I guess, can I use some
> of my own code in a Shibboleth install)? Or will it only work with specific
> authentication systems?
> 
> Also, I'm assuming I should be able to edit the JSP's and make the UI look
> however I want. Anything wrong with that assumption?
> 
> (perhaps these are questions for Shiboleth people instead of the SAML-dev
> list?)
> 
> thanks much
> 
> -Morgan
> 
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Scott Cantor <> wrote:
> 
>>> For now, it will be pretty much the scenario outlined in this diagram on
>> the
>>> SAML2.0 article on wikepedia:
>> That scenario doesn't require any back-channel calls, so the requirement
>> (in
>> Shibboleth at least) to support client TLS or modify the JCE settings isn't
>> applicable.
>>
>> -- Scott
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: 
>> For additional commands, e-mail: 
>>
>>
> 
> 

-- 
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
--------------------------
Chad La Joie, Software Engineer, Net Services
Werdstrasse 2, P.O. Box, 8021 Zürich, Switzerland
phone +41 44 268 15 75, fax +41 44 268 15 68
, http://www.switch.ch