Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [saml-dev] Only plaintext Attributes in AttributeQuery

From
Cantor, Scott <>
Date
2012-11-01T15:08:29+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [saml-dev] Only plaintext Attributes in AttributeQuery
On 11/1/12 9:57 AM, "Dennis Felsch" <> wrote:
>
>While studying the documentation and the xml schemas, I noticed that an
>AttributeStatement allows to use Attribute- or EncryptedAttribute-elements
>(or both) as children. An AttributeQuery in contrast allows only plaintext
>Attribute-elements.
>
>I wonder if this serves a specific purpose or if
>EncryptedAttribute-elements were just simply forgotten in this context. It
>would make sense for me to have an opportunity to encrypt Attributes in a
>query. Are there any protocols that require Attributes in AttributeQueries
>to be sent in plaintext?

I think it was probably a combination oversight and/or lack of explicit
use case, since in general the idea of passing values in a query is pretty
rare, and there's not much call to encrypt the names.

-- Scott
Next in thread → Next in month →