I can't be on the call tomorrow due to conflicts with X12. Even though I've not been
able to respond to the code list discussion (yet) because of X12, I am still very
interested in it and created the original paper. If there's any way we can do it I
would prefer that we wait until next week to discuss that topic.
Thanks,
Mike
"Eve L. Maler" wrote:
> We ARE MEETING tomorrow because enough people told me they could make it
> (even if we don't achieve quorum). Note that I myself can't attend, but
> Mark will be there and will chair the meeting. PLEASE arrive on time.
>
> NDR SC portal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/
>
> We will meet by phone on Wednesday, 6 February 2002, at:
>
> 8-10am PT (GMT -8)
> 11am-1pm ET (GMT -5)
> 5-7pm Eur (GMT +1)
>
> Please use the following dial-in information, which will remain the same
> through at least March 27:
>
> Toll-free (from the U.S.) +1 888 232 0361
> International access/caller-paid +1 805 240 9673
> Participant code 165-412
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. Roll call (till x:05)
> See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/
>
> 2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meetings (till x:06)
>
> 23-25 January 2002 F2F:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200201/msg00050.html
>
> 30 January 2002 telecon:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200201/msg00052.html
>
> 3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting) (till x:07)
>
> 4. Action item review (till x:09)
>
> ACTION: Mark to update tag structure position paper.
>
> ACTION: Sue and Maryann to do some use case brainstorming offline.
>
> ACTION: Bill and Mavis to champion the URI/URN issue and determine an
> approach.
>
> ACTION: Everyone to critique modnamver UML diagram.
>
> ACTION: Arofan, Tim, and Lisa to develop example based on current
> thinking in library group and leveraging NDR stuff to see if it can
> work. Anticipate certain part of the example will be ready for F2F
> presentation. (Was this about modnamver?)
>
> ACTION: Namespace issues need to be raised to library committee for
> joint resolution. (Needs owner.)
>
> ACTION: Gunther will finish some modifications to the elements vs.
> attributes position paper and will post it by January 31.
>
> 5. Planning for March 11 deadline (till x:30)
>
> We need a week-by-week schedule for issues to discuss/decide. Here
> is the start of a proposal:
>
> - Feb 6: Start code lists, start elements vs. attributes
> - Feb 7-13: Finish tag structure/data dictionary issues and code lists
> - Feb 14-20: Finish elements vs. attributes and ______________ (?)
> - Feb 21-27: ______________ (?)
> - Feb 28-Mar 6: ______________ (?)
> - Mar 7-9: Final NDR document/position paper edits
>
> 6. Code list discussion (till y:15)
> Position paper is at:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/pos/draft-Rawlins-codelists-01.doc
>
> What (very roughly) are our use cases driving our choice of solutions?
> See this message for two alternative views:
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200202/msg00000.html
>
> What are our requirements around these areas, and in each case, do
> internal vs. external code lists have different requirements?
>
> - Validation of code list values through XSD vs. by other means
> - Efficiency of expression in the instance
> - Extensibility of code lists and when it is allowed/disallowed
> - Subsetting of code lists
> - Inclusion of dynamic sets of code list values
> - Identifying, documenting, and versioning the code list used
> - Combining values from internal and external code lists
>
> If we can clarify all these items in this meeting, for next week we
> can examine/choose among the various technical solutions that have
> already been proposed in email. We should plan on vigorous email
> discussion.
>
> 7. Element vs. attribute discussion (till y:50)
>
> Position paper is at:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/pos/draft-stuhec-elemvsattrib-01.doc
>
> It seems that this decision has a "taste" component as well as sound
> technical rationales. Nonetheless, what are the requirements around:
>
> - Extensibility
> - Instance readability
> - Semantic clarity (compatibility with the data dictionary framework)
>
> Again, if we can clarify all these items in this meeting, for next
> week we can examine/choose among the various technical solutions
> that have already been proposed in email.
>
> 8. Action items and next steps (till y:59)
>
> 9. Adjourn (z:00)
> --
> Eve Maler +1 781 442 3190
> Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center eve.maler @ sun.com
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
> manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>
--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com