MINUTES - 19 March 2003

From
"Misa Reaburg"
Date
2003-03-19T18:41:03+00:00
ID
020301c2ee47$522e9b30$0200a8c0@aeon
Thread
MINUTES - 19 March 2003
1.  Roll Call and Welcome from the chair 
(Lisa), assignment of co-chair to take minutes.

 

Mavis Cournane - 
Regrets

Bill Burcham - Yes
Mark 
Crawford - Yes (left :11:22)
Fabrice Desré - Yes
Arofan Gregory - 
No
Jessica Glace - No
Michael Grimley - No
Eduardo Gutentag - 
Yes
Eve Maler - No, regrets
Sue Probert - Yes
Lisa Seaburg 
-Yes
Gunther Stuhec - Yes
Paul Thorpe - Yes
Kris Ketels - 
Yes

Jim Wilson - 
Regrets

 

Need to 
add:

Matt Gertner - 
No

Jack Gager (observer) - Yes

Dan Vint (observer ACCORD) needs to be added to group. - Yes

Anne Hendry - Yes

Jon Bosak - Yes (left :11:22)

 

2.  Acceptance of minutes from previous meetings - Accepted minutes from March 12, 2003.

3.  Adoption of agenda/schedule planning   Add agenda 
item: working relationship with ATG and X12.

 

Discussion points for those who might have to leave early:

 

    Local vs. Global: Mark gave us information from last 
weeks CEFACT meeting.  There are several issues that make a difference to 
the outcome of this debate.  There is a strong incentive to begin the 
convergence between the ATG and the UBL NDR groups.  Jon and Mark made a 
decision last week to invite the ATG members to begin to observe and enter into 
the discussions on this list serve.  We want to invite them to co-locate 
our meetings with them at the London meeting.  This is really a joint 
meeting.  This helps to guide the ATG folks.  

 

Jon:  I pushed to have this happen, after sitting in the meetings it 
became clear that 1) people in ATG 2 whom we are going to be dealing with, are 
just as smart and pig headed as this group.  2) also clear they would be 
reinventing the NDR's and they would be spending a lot of time doing this, that 
could be better if we included them into discussions and get consensus in the 
combined two groups.  Some of our big decisions such as local vs. global, 
would best be decided between the two groups together.

 

Lisa: There are logistical problems with this because of the new OASIS 
members list serve.  Getting people onto the list serve that are not 
members, does not work.

 

Jon: There are ways around this.  Create a new ad-hoc mail list.  
We still need to wait and see if they are willing to participate.  We could 
do this per question, or do this completely with the combined groups.  Or 
ask Karl to add ATG list serve to this list serve. Or could use the ATG2 list 
serve - add UBL participants - but no list for just ATG2.  All of ATG not 
interested.

 

Kris: There are other ways, the individual membership fee is not that 
great.  Otherwise we should ask OASIS to agree with this.

 

Mark:  Other alternative would be to move it to the ATG list 
serve.  We can just put this list serve in as a member to the ATG 
list.

 

Action Item: 1) Jon talk to Karl about using OASIS comment 
list. 

 

Jon: This is our strategy, and it changes the debate deadline for Local vs. 
Global.  We extend again the deadline until after the London meeting?  
We are going to make an attempt at getting agreement before London.  We 
will continue our elist discussion. 

 

Agreed.

 

Jon: Staging for this debate: continue the list serve, and will ask Karl to 
create a list.  We will invite ATG2 to join in.  We will start with 
local vs. global.

 

Mark: The ATG group joining in this decision will not have a vote, this is 
only for them to join in the debate and get a chance to voice their 
opinions.

 

Jon: We want to have this decision made and have both groups happy with the 
outcome, so that they will not, at some point in the future be asking to rethink 
the decision again.

 

Sue:  This invitation we are making is very important to be open and 
sent to all the groups involved.

 

Jon:  Do we agree that we will take the local vs. global discussion to 
email only and will not be discussing it on the calls?

 

Gunther:  Mark made a very good list of pro and cons about local vs. 
global, this becomes part of the materials.  Mark will send out.

 

AI: Lisa put together top 10 or so of previous local/global discussion 
papers to drive this new discussion.  Work with Mark on how to get that out 
to both groups.  Need to capture discussions in October when decision was 
reversed, and also in F2F.

 

4.  Kavi Issues, Discussion of member lists 
(Lisa) - There are still problems, I have noted above on the roll call who is 
not getting email.  This should be done sometime within this 
week.

5.  Review NDR release schedule 
(Mark)

    Document is on hold.  Document has moved forward 
from version .22.

6.  Review of Project List:

 

There were meetings last week between the ATG and CCTS.  The emails 
regarding this debate need to be shared with the UBL members.  Mark will 
forward some of these emails to the list serve.

 

A+ NDR document update (in 
progress)

    NDR doc at .22+.  LCSC was interested in getting a 
draft. Mark will receive input from those who have input, but will keep document 
internal for now.

A Code list rules and schema template - (in progress)
A Embedded 
documentation (decided in last weeks meeting)
A Local vs. global elements - 
(extended)

A Namespace rules (getting into NDR main doc)
A Versioning rules 
(getting into NDR main doc) - in progress
A Context Methodology (Matt sent a 
new version of the guidelines document, Eduardo sent to list)

    Matt's feeling is the document is good, examples are 
there, we are looking for more input.  Dan had volunteered to 

B Common Core Components documentation -(in progress)

        Gunther will send out emails by end 
of week.

        Gunther also asks for more help with 
the CCT.  Lisa will do acouple more sections.

        Gunther: More fundamental decisions 
need to be made immediately regarding data types. If we want to be 
completely compliant with the CCTS, there are decisions we need to make.

        Mark: This is something we need to 
discuss further within CCTS.  This may not change how we make our 
decision.  

 

        Mark: CCTS made no formal decisions 
on this - CCTS has to discuss further.  They're decision may have an 
impact, but would not mandate specific method. This does need to be discussed in 
LCSC.  Spreadsheet not conformant with CCTS at the moment.

B Containership (put on agenda for next week, Arofan and Gunther both 
would like to speak.)

7.  Review of Sub Committees:

    Library Content SC (Sue),  
LCSC QA Team, working on comments (Sue/Anne)

 

            We are up to date 
with the 0p70 comments at this point, we have identified owners for each comment 
also.

            Very few of them 
are business questions, but there are questions about how the scenarios match 
up.  

            There are also 
comments relating to design rules.

            There is also a 
comment on the scripting.

 

        - LCSC 
Schedule:  There is a scheduled date for Version 1p0, we 
haven't decided if there should be a 0p7? or not, we don't want to extend our 
scenario, but outside groups have some interesting work that we think we should 
consider.

 

Sue:  One of the things LCSC discussed on their call was their is a 
need for more tools.  We have done the automation in the middle, but we 
need to fill in some of the gaps.  We need to discuss this further and 
decide what to do.

 

Anne: The discussion should be about the philosophy behind what is 
happening.  Chee Kai has offered to help on the tools team.  He is 
already writing a script (Like Gunthers) to take the Excel spreadsheet into XSD 
and back out.  He feels there are still real problems with the way this is 
being done right now.  

    

8.  Other Business?

 

    Find out if NDR wants joint meeting next week.  
Agreed, Lisa will contact Tim and Bill to extend the invitation and make sure 
phone numbers go out.

 

9.  Adjourn

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lisa 
Seaburg
AEON LLC
Website: http://www.aeon-llc.com/
Email:  
Alternative 
Email: 
Phone: 
662-562-7676
Cellphone: 662-501-7676

 

"Remember that great love and great achievements 
involve great 
risk."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++