Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [ubl] Joint meeting Tuesday

From
Jon Bosak
Date
2004-03-24T05:04:00+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [ubl] Joint meeting Tuesday
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->

















ubl message






[Date Prev]
 | [Thread Prev]
 | [Thread Next]
 | [Date Next]

--

[Date Index]
 | [Thread Index]
 | [List Home]








Subject: Re: [ubl] Joint meeting Tuesday




From: 
To: 
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:18:47 -0800 (PST)






[:]

| I think what Jon was proposing is that we use this week to
| evaluate the draft 9 schemas and try to come up with a viable UBL
| 1.0 package.  This was the intent of his errata note to announce
| the meeting of March 30th.

If we really do achieve a consensus, then we won't actually need a
quorate meeting to vote on this.  But it didn't seem to me that we
were arriving at a consensus.  If we can't achieve general
agreement, then we will have to decide the remaining issues
through voting so that we can continue to meet our release
schedule.  I would rather proceed by general consent because
voting is slower, but voting is faster than hanging.  We are not
going to hang.  We are going to release UBL 1.0.

I'll see how we're doing in the Wednesday 24 March coordination
call (thanks for the agenda, Tim) and assess the situation then.
If we can avoid holding a plenary meeting by phone, that would be
great.

Jon
Next in thread → Next in month →