RE: [PATCH v3 kernel 0/7] Extend virtio-balloon for fast (de)inflating & fast live migration

From
Li, Liang Z <>
Date
2016-08-09T02:52:46+00:00
ID
Thread
RE: [PATCH v3 kernel 0/7] Extend virtio-balloon for fast (de)inflating & fast live migration
> Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 kernel 0/7] Extend virtio-balloon for fast (de)inflating
> & fast live migration
> 
> On 08/07/2016 11:35 PM, Liang Li wrote:
> > Dave Hansen suggested a new scheme to encode the data structure,
> > because of additional complexity, it's not implemented in v3.
> 
> FWIW, I don't think it takes any additional complexity here, at least in the
> guest implementation side.  The thing I suggested would just mean explicitly
> calling out that there was a single bitmap instead of implying it in the ABI.
> 
> Do you think the scheme I suggested is the way to go?

Yes, I think so.  And I will do that in the later version. In this V3, I just want to solve the 
issue caused by a large page bitmap in v2.

Liang