Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 0/3] Use of unique identifier for pairing virtio and passthrough devices...

From
Michael S. Tsirkin <>
Date
2018-07-10T01:54:40+00:00
ID
Thread
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 0/3] Use of unique identifier for pairing virtio and passthrough devices...
On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 06:11:53PM -0700, si-wei liu wrote:
> The plan is to enable group ID based matching in the first place rather than
> match by MAC, the latter of which is fragile and problematic.

It isn't all that fragile - hyperv used same for a while, so if someone
posts working patches with QEMU support but before this grouping stuff,
I'll happily apply them.

> I have made
> the Linux side changes and will get it posted once the QEMU discussion for
> grouping is finalized.

Go ahead but at this point I think we need to see actual QEMU support at
least for the basic functionality before we merge more code Linux-side.

-- 
MST