Next in thread →
Next in month →
Re: [xacml] Possible issue or editorial cleanup item - missing equalitypredicates, etc.
Hi Erik,
That's fine. It would be useful to dig up the rationale, and possibly
put it in the doc somewhere, such as section A.2 where these items are
discussed in some detail.
Also, my last question was simply if there is any relation between the
dns-name of the Subject attribute and the dnsName of the datatype. Same
for ip-address. i.e.would it be reasonable to expect that these
datatypes would apply to AttributeValues associated with those subject
attribute ids? I suppose the answer is obvious - that there could be
but doesn't have to be. But I was also wondering what motivated the
addition of these datatypes. Possibly it was related to the remark I
just noticed on line 5098-99 which preceded the subject attributes:
The following identifiers indicate the location where
authentication credentials were activated. They are intended to
support the corresponding entities from the SAML authentication
statement [SAML].
i.e. there was some SAML activity with these, which appears to have
raised their visibility to the point where they were late additions to
the xacml datatypes.
Thanks,
Rich
Erik Rissanen wrote:
Hi
Rich,
I think we discussed this some time ago. It's intentional since there
are pattern matching functions instead. And, yes, I also pointed out
that this means that the set functions are not defined for those data
types because of this, but I think this was not seen as a problem. I
don't recall the details of the discussion though, so I might be
mistaken.
I don't understand your last question.
Best regards,
Erik
Rich.Levinson wrote:
There are no equality predicates in section
A.3.1 for the following datatypes:
* urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:data-type:ipAddress
* urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:data-type:dnsName
* urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:data-type:xpathExpression
I don't know if this was intentional, but suspect it was just an
oversight as these 3 data types were added after XACML 1.1.
Also, it appears some or all of them may be missing from some
functions:
* intersection
* at-least-one-member-of
* union
* subset
* set-equal
Also, I am curious what, if any, association might or might not be
intended between the first two above and the Subject identifiers:
* urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:authn-locality:ip-address
* urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:data-type:dnsName
Thanks,
Rich
Next in thread →
Next in month →