Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xacml] Error in the JSON profile of XACML

From
Hal Lockhart <>
Date
2016-12-22T18:05:06+00:00
ID
b8105d94-d244-42a3-83e4-cfeb6e1d8931@default
Thread
RE: [xacml] Error in the JSON profile of XACML
I am sorry, I got confused. The OASIS Errata process is only defined for documents which have reached OASIS Standard.

 

Since the JSON Profile is only a Committee Specification, the correct procedure is to create and new working draft and repeat the process of moving it to CS. (WD->PR->CS). Since the TC can do this on our own, this is not considered onerous.

 

The proposed change does raise a subtle issue regarding the first row of the table. I will discuss this in a separate email so as to avoid it getting buried.

 

Hal

 

From: Hal Lockhart 
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:24 PM
To: David Brossard; xacml
Subject: RE: [xacml] Error in the JSON profile of XACML

 

Your timing is excellent. We have a working draft of an Errata document, which is close to being ready to go. However, having a Public Review over the holidays is not considered best practice, so I was going to propose holding off until January.

 

What would be useful would be text describing the change to be made. See the Errata wiki or the draft Errata document for examples.

 

Hal

 

From: David Brossard [mailto:] 
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:09 PM
To: xacml
Subject: [xacml] Error in the JSON profile of XACML

 

Hi everyone,

 

I noticed yesterday there is a copy-paste mistake in the JSON profile of XACML.

 

See below in the Default Value column, in the Combined Decision row...

 

How do I get that fixed?

 

Thanks,

David.

 

 

4.2 Representation of the XACML request in JSON4.2.1 The Request object representation
The JSON object name for the request MUST be Request.

The Request object contains the following properties:

ReturnPolicyIdList of type Boolean 

CombinedDecision of type Boolean

XPathVersion of type String 

These properties are represented as members. The JSON representation assumes the following default values:

Table 5 - Properties of the Request object

Attribute

Type

Default value

ReturnPolicyIdList

Boolean 

False. ReturnPolicyIdList can be omitted in the JSON representation.

CombinedDecision

Boolean

False. ReturnPolicyIdList can be omitted in the JSON representation.

XPathVersion

String

There is no default value. The attribute is optional. It is REQUIRED if the XACML request contains XPath expressions.
Next in thread → Next in month →