← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

Re: [xml-dev] Re: Flexible Schemas (was RE: [xml-dev] The task tobe solved by RDDL)

From
Ronald Bourret <>
To
Date
2002-01-22T08:04:11Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Re: Flexible Schemas (was RE: [xml-dev] The task tobe solved by RDDL)
Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> >I'm glad you write that. So now, do you agree that RDDL cannot be used to
> >find the schemas of XML documents that contain a mix of namespaces, despite
> >the fact that those schemas exist (there is a DTD for RDDL, WAP 2.0, etc.) ?
> 
> No, it can be used for this provided each element is in a namespace,

Fair enough.

> each such namespace URI has a RDDL document

Also fair enough.

> including a link to a relevant schema,

This won't happen. The RDDL document for XHTML cannot reasonably be
expected to contain pointers to all the schemas that use XHTML.

> and the schema language and the schemas themselves
> are designed to allow these sorts of multiple namespace documents.
> (The last point is the biggest obstacle in practice.)

I don't see why the last point is the obstacle. I thought that all
schema languages already allowed this. Or am I missing something here?

-- Ron
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread