← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] A conceptual excursion (was: RDDL; what a namespace is; what is the meaning of life; etc. etc. etc.)

From
Jeff Lowery <>
To
'Gavin Thomas Nicol' <>,
Date
2002-01-24T00:38:52Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] A conceptual excursion (was: RDDL; what a namespace is; what is the meaning of life; etc. etc. etc.)
> For example, I most likely would enjoy your documents, but couldn't 
> care less about your domain of expertise (unless I was a printer). As 
> such, I expect you to produce things that I can process in *my* 
> domain, and we have an implicit agreement on how I am to 
> interpret the 
> documents you produce. If we *don't* have an agreement, you either 
> need some way of hard-coding the interpretation, or we shouldn't even 
> talk.
> 

I see two ways of resolving this:

1) Look at the defined properties (and behaviors, perhaps) of my entities
- we should probably have a definitional space for name of entities that
describes intent and purpose (things that are hard to interpret from
properties and methods alone).

2) Have a translation mechanism that converts entities that I understand to
those that you understand. For well-defined domains, such translations can
be categorically described.
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →