← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
RE: [xml-dev] Auto-completion in editors (RE: [xml-dev] ANN: XML Origin, the XML Editor & XSLT Debugger Released)
I don't usually open hundred megabytes documents in an editor, and if I had do so, I'm OK if the editor disable its auto-completion feature. Regards, Nicolas >-----Message d'origine----- >De : Paul Prescod [mailto:] >Envoye : lundi 28 janvier 2002 22:51 >A : >Objet : Re: [xml-dev] Auto-completion in editors (RE: >[xml-dev] ANN: XML >Origin, the XML Editor & XSLT Debugger Released) > > >Michael Kay wrote: >> >>... >> >> Surely an XML editor has to detect start tags and end tags >as they are >> typed, and if it detects start tags, it is trivially easy to >maintain a >> stack of open start tags? And the cost of doing so is >unrelated to the size >> of the document (only to the depth of nesting)? > >Well obviously there are a variety of architectural choices that will >influence the difficulty of adding one more feature. Still, I think I >can answer this particular question generically by saying, what happens >when the user scrolls a hundred megabytes down in the document and >inserts the cursor? > > Paul Prescod > >----------------------------------------------------------------- >The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an >initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org> > >The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/ > >To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription >manager: <http://lists.xml.org/ob/adm.pl> >
← Prev in month
← Prev in thread