RE: [xml-dev] WSIO vs. Semantic Web - Setting the Record Straight

From
Bullard, Claude L (Len) <>
To
'Phil Fuhlman' <>,
Date
2002-02-15T20:07:18Z
ID
<2C61CCE8A870D211A523080009B94E4306FEE8A8@HQ5>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] WSIO vs. Semantic Web - Setting the Record Straight
If an RDF db and an expert system have as much in common 
as I think they do, they can both be considered a service 
answering questions.  So your comparison would be pretty 
close to the mark.

But a polite waitress is better than no waitress or 
having Marvin bring the meal.

What did Doug Addams die of? (reply offlist)

len

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Fuhlman [mailto:]

Heh, heh, 'Semantic Web'. I like that, sounds like a resturant:

"Hello, hello, hello, welcome to the Semantic Web. My name is Tina, I'll
be your waitress tonight. Would anyone care to start off with a schema?"

"Nah, I want a DTD."

"I'm sorry, we don't serve DTDs anymore, all we have are schemas. But we
do offer both lite and rigorous schemas."

"What? What's the difference."

"Well, our rigorous schemas take about 15 minutes to prepare, while our
lite schemas treat everything as unbounded strings and all elements
having cardinality of 0 to n."

"Wow! You call that 'lite'? More like, 'on the edge' I'd say! Gimme one
of those!"

<sorry - its friday pm...>