Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] 14 Theses around "Namespace Documents"

From
Michael Brennan <>
To
'Jandia Cyril' <>, XMLDEV <>
Date
2002-02-22T23:04:36Z
ID
<D7155AD41ECFD511AF4A00B0D0202CB51DFE48@MAILHOST>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] 14 Theses around "Namespace Documents"
> From: Jandia Cyril [mailto:]

<snip/>

> So I am talking about kind of "self-describing URIs" when 
> they are serving
> the purpose of namespace identification and whether there exists an
> *explicitly* coupled (or not) namespace document.

I'm not sure I fully understand your posts, but this one seems to me like it
should be easy. URI schemes should mean something; those schemes have been
key to the web's success. When you see "http:", that should tell you that
it's a locator pointing to a resource that can be retrieved via HTTP. If
that's used as a namespace name, then it should point to a namespace
document.

Those who don't want to have a namespace document at the end of the URI
should simply use an appropriate scheme that does not imply that it points
to a resource.
Next in thread → Next in month →