Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box

From
Aaron Skonnard <>
To
'Bill de hÓra' <>,
Date
2002-06-14T01:03:06Z
ID
<003201c2133f$3ddfa6d0$56f36f3f@skonnardt20>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box
> Aaron, I should qualify my question. To me, a messaging 
> framework means plumbing, an application protocol means 
> meaning. If you like, a messaging framework gets water 
> to my sink, an application protocol lets me decide on 
> temperature. If we have different understandings of the
> terms it's possible we're talking past each other.
> 
> Bill de hÓra

You're right. I admit I was overgeneralizing the similarities between
SOAP and HTTP. Paul's description of application protocols in relation
to SOAP has clarified the distinction in my mind: SOAP provides a
framework for defining application protocols like HTTP." Hence, the
similarities.

-aaron
http://staff.develop.com/aarons
Next in thread → Next in month →