Re: [xml-dev] DSDL part 9: new namespace declarations not needed as part of DTD syntax?

From
John Cowan <>
To
Date
2002-06-14T18:11:32Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] DSDL part 9: new namespace declarations not needed as part of DTD syntax?
Arjun Ray scripsit:

> Yes, but the point (as far as I can discern from the spec) is that only
> the resolved/expanded/whatevered "universal name" is relevant post-parse.
> Inter alia, this would mean that the revised DTD syntax is not required to
> use (or identify) the specific colonifying prefixes in the instance.

Just so.

> I don't see any reason to have it except to infect DTD syntax with
> colonification.

The purpose of it is to allow validation of elements and attributes that
are named not with lexically apparent names but with XML Namespaces
universal names.

Why people want to use namespaces, or why they shouldn't, is out of scope.

-- 
John Cowan <>     http://www.reutershealth.com
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen,    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
han mathon ne chae, a han noston ne 'wilith.  --Galadriel, _LOTR:FOTR_