Re: XML Schema to relaxNG xslt

From
Kohsuke Kawaguchi <>
To
Dare Obasanjo <>,
Date
2002-06-22T19:48:42Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: XML Schema to relaxNG xslt
I tested your schema with MSV and it seems to work fine.

-----------------
start parsing a grammar.
validating test.xml
Error at line:3, column:18 of file:///C:/kohsuke/Sun/msv/msv/bin/test.xml
  "--00--" does not satisfy the "gMonth" type

the document is NOT valid.
-----------------


If I specify --12--, I get

-----------------
 start parsing a grammar.
 validating test.xml
 Error at line:3, column:18 of file:///C:/kohsuke/Sun/msv/msv/bin/test.xml
   the value is out of the range (maxInclusive specifies -11-T::).
-----------------


> Anyone who has gone through this process is free to try out combinations
> of maxInclusive, minExclusive and other constraining facets on all W3C
> XML Schema datatypes in RELAX NG and report back. 

I suppose I can't claim they are bug-free, although I did a reasonable
amount of testing of MSV for its datatype support and I believe James
Clark did that for Jing as well.
Sorry if you get my statement as a bug-free guarantee.

I just wonder if anyone has gone through the process of "trying out
combinations of all the facets on all W3C XML Schema datatypes" in any
W3C XML Schema processor.  If anyone did, then such a test matrix would
be very useful.





regards,
----------------------
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
E-Mail: