← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

Constitutionally incapable (was Re: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box)

From
Simon St.Laurent <>
To
Date
2002-06-07T14:22:34Z
ID
<>
Thread
Constitutionally incapable (was Re: [xml-dev] W3C Schema: Resistance is Futile, says Don Box)
At 03:12 PM 6/7/2002 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>RELAX NG is constitutionally incapable of providing reliable
>type assertions.

Constitutionally incapable?

While I understand that RELAX NG _can_ support non-deterministic/unreliable 
models, I don't believe that makes it incapable of supporting reliable type 
assertions provided that the writers of the schema consider that a goal.

I've argued for a long while that type information should be 'painted' as a 
separate process from validation.  Compared to that approach, I can't say I 
find W3C XML Schema particularly reliable as a source of type assertions.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →