RE: [xml-dev] what is correct way to express a type as CDATA in XML schema

From
Dare Obasanjo <>
To
Phil Fuhlman <>,
Date
2002-09-09T17:21:04Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] what is correct way to express a type as CDATA in XML schema
Use xsd:string 

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: Phil Fuhlman [mailto:] 
	Sent: Mon 9/9/2002 10:19 AM 
	To:  
	Cc: 
	Subject: [xml-dev] what is correct way to express a type as CDATA in XML schema
	
	

	MSXML4 fails on following (error: " undeclared XSD type: 'CDATA' "):
	
	<xsd:complexType name="AClass">
	        <xsd:all>
	                <xsd:element name="Value" type="CDATA" minOccurs="0"
	maxOccurs="1" />
	        </xsd:all>
	</xsd:complexType>
	
	I checked through the schema[0-2] docs at http:\\www.w3c.org (as best I
	could ;) ) but did not see any obvious example / discussion of how to
	use CDATA as a 'type' in a schema. From examples I perceived that CDATA
	might be an 'intrinsic' type, hence the above syntax, but it does not
	work.
	
	Any ideas?
	
	</pff>
	
	-----------------------------------------------------------------
	The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an
	initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>
	
	The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
	
	To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
	manager: <http://lists.xml.org/ob/adm.pl>