Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] ERROR: Illegal XML character: �

From
Michael Fitzgerald <>
To
"Rasmussen, John" <>
Date
2002-09-04T18:55:47Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] ERROR: Illegal XML character: &#x0;
John,

NUL or 0x0000 (represented as the character reference &#x0;) is illegal in
XML. It is a well-formedness (fatal) error. Any compliant XML processor
should halt on discovery of it. For some particulars, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml.html#NT-Char.

Mike

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rasmussen, John [mailto:]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 10:52 AM
> To: ''
> Subject: [xml-dev] ERROR: Illegal XML character: &#x0;
>
>
> I'm getting this error when I transformer.transform(new
> StreamSource(xmlDoc), result) a xml doc
>
> I have validated the Doc with XMLSpy, and can't find any invalid character
>
> Anyone seen this before
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an
> initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>
>
> The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
> manager: <http://lists.xml.org/ob/adm.pl>
>
>
Next in thread → Next in month →