← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] FW: More on the xml-dev hosting situation from Laur en Wood

From
Bullard, Claude L (Len) <>
To
Date
2003-03-12T18:41:58Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] FW: More on the xml-dev hosting situation from Laur en Wood
True.  But that really sounds like a technical 
problem with the list server, doesn't it?  The 
problem with the organization is not fixing that 
problem when people report it.  Is that a 
reason to move the list?  Only if they still 
don't fix it. (It will be interesting to find 
out what the technical problem actually is.)

I was auto-unsubscribed when the list was less than 
six months old.  I could not resubscribe.
I subscribed from my work account.  That one 
still works. 

What does not speak well for our host is if 
it takes a stellar luminary to get attention 
on the problem.

len

****

This has happened to several people, not just me, and not just Tim. I don't 
know the mechanism by which the system chooses who may not subscribe; 
everyone on this list should be prepared for the short straw to be pulled 
on their behalf tomorrow.

I would like to be confident that when I have no email from xml-dev waiting 
for me in the mornings, it's because none was sent, not because the system 
threw me off. I don't think this is too much to ask of any organization 
that volunteers to host a mailing list, especially one as important as 
this.

regards,

Lauren
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread
Next in thread → Next in month →