← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

thank you, Robin Cover

From
Simon St.Laurent <>
To
Date
2003-03-12T14:49:23Z
ID
<r01050400-1024-D0E364D2549911D7BED30003937A08C2@[192.168.124.11]>
Thread
thank you, Robin Cover
I've been traipsing through various archives while working on an oddball
project, largely trying to figure out if anyone had taken the path I'm
trying out before.  I didn't find anything, which is just fine, but over
the course of searching I found myself more and more in awe of the work
that Robin Cover's been doing for many years.

I liked it so much that I wrote a weblog entry on it:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/2893

There's lots in there about how the Cover Pages have helped us through
these dark times where all the promised auto-discovery hasn't yet come
to pass, but I think one of my favorite things about the Cover Pages is
its quiet style.  To quote just a bit from the weblog:

------------------
I suspect the Cover Pages deserves lots of credit for connecting people
and programs at many levels on a regular basis for nearly eight years.
In PR-speak, that might result in triumphal press releases about
"enabling [millions | billions] of [dollars | euros] of [enterprise
integration | document management | hacker twiddling] with XML and Web
Services." The Cover Pages prefers to describe itself as an "Online
resource for markup language technologies" - no small achievement.
------------------

I think Robin gets periodic thank-yous for his work, but I think a few
extras are (always) in order.

-- 
Simon St.Laurent
Ring around the content, a pocket full of brackets
Errors, errors, all fall down!
http://simonstl.com -- http://monasticxml.org
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread