← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
Next in thread →
Next in month →
Extend/modify DocBook Schema?
Hello, I used a modified version of DocBook for an API documentation effort, adding programmer, maintainer, and packagename to methodsynopsis. I was working from the 4.2 DocBook DTD (docbookx.dtd,v 1.13 2002/07/17) and I followed the examples in the online documentation. [1] Now I'd like to prepare to try this with the Office 11 Beta (whenever it arrives), and need to implement my customization layer in WXS. I had changed the order of elements in methodsynopsis by putting packagename right before methodname, and by adding a language attribute. (I also added some names to the end of the content model, but I don't think they're a big problem.) I've appended a snippet of the XML. [2] I'm very new to WXS, and based on the reading I've done so far, I don't think I can support the existing API XML documents with my custom DTD and with a customized Schema, because I don't see how I can change the order of elements in methodsynopsis to insert my packagename. Is there a way to customize the DocBook Schema through a customization layer as I did for the DTD? Or should I change the XML to match a content model that I can support using import? Am I overlooking namespace issues that can make this easier (or more difficult)? TIA, Joe [1] Customizing DocBook http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch05.html [2] <methodsynopsis language="PL/SQL"> <void/> <packagename>header_link_footer</packagename> <methodname>FOOTER</methodname> <methodparam> <type>varchar2</type> <parameter>screen_level</parameter> </methodparam> <programmer> <personname> <firstname>Joe</firstname> <surname>Gilvary</surname> </personname> </programmer> <maintainer> <personname> <firstname>Joe</firstname> <surname>Gilvary</surname> </personname> </maintainer> </methodsynopsis>
← Prev in month
← Prev in thread
Next in thread →
Next in month →