Re: [xml-dev] Full text search with XML input in Oracle?

From
Gregory Murphy <>
To
Jack Liu <>
Date
2003-03-31T21:37:35Z
ID
<Pine.GSO.4.10.10303311333530.27507-100000@gris>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Full text search with XML input in Oracle?
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Jack Liu wrote:

> I need to do a full text search web application for a
> library based on Oracle database. I will use XML file
> as input and store them in Oracle, the search should
> do not only for text but also for different tags or
> elements. e.g search "hello" from title or from
> article. That means do not convert XML file into ASCII
> file which will be stored in DB.
> Can Oracle(Intermedia text or Oracle Text) do this?
> Any suggestion or referrence?

Yes, it can, and as of Oracle RDBMS version 9.1.0, it seems to have the
kinks worked out. See the Oracle Text documentation for details. I
recommend upgrading to 9.1 or 9.2 if you haven't already.

// Gregory Murphy <>
// Software Engineer
// Customer Network Platform, Sun Microsystems