Re: [xml-dev] If XML is too hard for a programmer, perhaps he'd b e better off as a crossing guard

From
Simon St.Laurent <>
To
Date
2003-03-31T21:19:45Z
ID
<r01050400-1024-7F4CF33F63BE11D7B1500003937A08C2@[192.168.124.11]>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] If XML is too hard for a programmer, perhaps he'd b e better off as a crossing guard
 (Karl Waclawek) writes:
>Are you saying that in Expat the characterDataHandler reports the
>strings "><![CDATA[" and "]]>" for a CDATA section? 

No, I'm saying that it doesn't provide any way for me to say "please
don't process the contents of this CDATA section as text; please process
it as if the CDATA section wasn't there."

>That should not
>happen unless you are using an old version of Expat. But even then I
>believe that setting a CDATASectionHandler should suppress that.

I'm not interested in suppressing the event, but rather on suppressing
its effect on the parser.

-- 
Simon St.Laurent
Ring around the content, a pocket full of brackets
Errors, errors, all fall down!
http://simonstl.com -- http://monasticxml.org