Next in thread → Next in month →

RE: [xml-dev] including JPEG in SVG

From
Jeff Lowery <>
To
"''" <>, Jeff Lowery <>,
Date
2003-04-09T19:56:02Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] including JPEG in SVG
> It displays ok for me in Opera 6.
 
I'm using Opera 7
 
>At the risk of asking the obvious, you do realise that it is necessary to
manually copy NPSVG3.dll 
> to the Pluginsdirectory? 

Yep, that was done. I saw good SVG docs in Opera just fine. 


> The Batik error message makes loose sort of sense. Your namespace URI
didn't match the 
> XLink one so Batik assumes (rather loosely, I admit) that there is no
xlink:href attribute 
> associated with the necessary namespace URI.

It gave me a clue, true enough.  I was using XSLT to produce the SVG from an
XML data document, and that required two namespace declarations: one for the
XSLT script, and one at embedded SVG root element.  The first one was fine,
the second was buried and harder to see.


> The SVG viewers' rather "silent" response to errors makes practical sense
in a 
> production environment since the last > thing many people will want is
intrusive 
> error messages overwriting/concealing an image. But it doesn't help the 
> debugging process, does it? :)

I suppose you're right, although that doesn't excuse the GraphicsMagick
IMDisplay utility, which silently 'fixed' the bug. But its a 1.0 version, so
I guess it can be forgiven.  It made it harder, though, to realize what was
wrong.
Next in thread → Next in month →