RE: Re: [xml-dev] Syntax + object model

From
Murali Mani <>
To
Dare Obasanjo <>
Date
2003-05-24T18:25:38Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: Re: [xml-dev] Syntax + object model
Anyways, that is ok. My point is the view given by XPath/XQuery is not
good for all XML documents, especially XML schemas. I do not want to see
an XML schema document in this model, it does not mean anything to me at
all, right??

As I said, I will be very glad to receive an XPath/XQuery to determine
given an XML schema, a tag A, and a tag B, whether B can be a descendant
of A in a valid XML document.

I did mention this when your work was presented at Hong Kong last year by
your colleague, but I will be very glad to see an actual answer to this..

regards - murali.

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> I explicitly did not say that. Please reread my post.
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: Murali Mani [mailto:]
> Sent: Sat 5/24/2003 10:51 AM
> To: Dare Obasanjo
> Cc: 
> Subject: RE: Re: [xml-dev] Syntax + object model
>
>
>
>
> Dare, I do not think you can say that XPath data model is the standard
> data model for all applications.
>