Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] XML-escape string

From
<>
To
Date
2003-06-25T23:44:12Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] XML-escape string
"Emmanuil Batsis (Manos)" <> writes:

> I'm sure there is some code out there and I'd like to avoid
> reinventing the wheel so...
> 
> What I'm looking for is Java class/code that takes in a string and
> encodes illegal characters to entities.

Do you want to output the escaped string, or do you want to do further
processing on it? If you want to output it, you can use the standard
javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult, and report your unescaped
string as a characters event e.g,

TransformerHandler th = SAXTransformerFactory.newTransformerHandler();
th.setResult (new StreamResult (System.out));
char[] c = new char[unescapedString.length()];
unescapedString.getChars(0, (c.length-1), c, 0);
th.characters (c, 0, c.length);

I skipped a few steps, but this should point you to a possible
solution.

Ari.
Next in thread → Next in month →