← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

Relax NG annoyances

From
Jimmy Cerra <>
To
Date
2003-07-02T19:19:02Z
ID
<000001c340ce$cba90c00$0100a8c0@picard>
Thread
Relax NG annoyances
Why aren't defined patterns named with QNames?  That would make
portability so much easier!  Such as:

] <pattern xmlns:jfc="My Namespace for Patterns">
]   <define name="jfc:mypattern" />
] </pattern>


Why isn't there a more complete datatyping language?  Sure, W3C XML
Schema can often be ugly; however, it can also be elegant too.  Why
can't I specify unions and extensions of XML Schema datatypes?  Why
can't I specify non-whitespace separated lists?  Such as (I.E.
"NCName|anyURI"):

] <list separator="|">
]   <data type="NCname" />
]   <data type="anyURI" />
] </list>


Why can't I do that in Relax NG?  I understand that it was designed to
eliminate perceived annoyances with W3C XML Schema; however, Relax NG
has a bunch of annoyances to call its own.  :-/

--
Jimmy Cerra

] "XML is just syntax, and you can therefore 
]  use it any way you like." - Michael Kay

P.S.  If you can, indeed, do the above, then please tell me how!  Sorry
for the rant, too.
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread