RE: [xml-dev] Categories of Mismatches between Producer andConsumer?

From
<>
To
,
Date
2003-07-11T21:23:56Z
ID
<>
Thread
RE: [xml-dev] Categories of Mismatches between Producer andConsumer?
<quote>

Those kinds of assumptions build enormous brittleness into the system from 
the outset.  Are "Best Practices for Creating Brittle Systems" really "Best 
Practices"?

I don't think so.  Your answer may vary.
</quote>

I agree with you completely. However, if you are interested in a framework for what needs to be negotiated (by intelligent parties) before systems are built, then, IMHO, Roger's categories are right on.

Social context is a very good one. Reading the title of the original post, I saw Producer as a machine and Consumer as a machine. Your interpretation might vary :-)

Patrick

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an
initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>

The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/

To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
manager: <http://lists.xml.org/ob/adm.pl>