Re: [xml-dev] Namespace declaration and schema validation problems

From
Bob Foster <>
To
Noelle <>,
Date
2003-08-27T11:31:53Z
ID
<0ea101c36c8e$d10de350$6401a8c0@snobird>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Namespace declaration and schema validation problems
From: "Noelle" <>
> First of all, I have an XML page, which is uses XSLT to transform into
XHTML
> (with a separate CSS), but it won't render correctly if I include a
> namespace declaration in the top level element.

The problem is likely in the transform, not the browser. Check the output
from an XSLT processor outside the browser.

> The second problem involves my schema.  Although the schema and XML
validate
> against each other
> when I use a schema validator, the XML doesn't seem to be validating
against
> the
> schema when I use the browser to view it.  Is it necessary to
> use a DTD as well as a schema to enforce the structure of the document?

I tested both IE 6 and Mozilla 1.4. Neither produce any validation error
messages, for either DTD or XML Schema.

Perhaps someone here knows how to request the browsers validate, but I
don't.

Bob Foster