Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Parsing filtered XML into a DOM tree - how?

From
John Cowan <>
To
Graham Leggett <>
Date
2003-09-25T20:52:54Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Parsing filtered XML into a DOM tree - how?
Graham Leggett scripsit:

> All the examples and docs I can find describe either parsing the entire 
> XML file into a DOM tree, or doing the entire parsing job yourself using 
> a SAX parser.

Exactly.  If you are using Java (as I suppose you are), then you should
consider XOM (http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM), which by default
produces a DOM-style tree (but modified to be much more convenient for
Java programmers), but allows you to write a subclass of its Builder
class that lets you specify which elements you want to incorporate in
the tree, process separately (as soon as the element is complete), or discard
altogether.

XOM has a mailing list: see http://lists.ibiblio.og/mailman/listinfo/xom-interest.

-- 
With techies, I've generally found              John Cowan
If your arguments lose the first round          http://www.reutershealth.com
    Make it rhyme, make it scan                 http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    Then you generally can                      
Make the same stupid point seem profound!           --Jonathan Robie
Next in thread → Next in month →