Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] XLink help

From
Ari Nordström <>
To
Paul Wuethrich <>,
Date
2004-03-17T18:35:08Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] XLink help
At 16:51 17/03/2004, Paul Wuethrich wrote:


> From the Xlink specification I am under the impression that I could 
> create an extended link to contain
>the links between root.xml and the instances of xdef_n.xml.  However, I am 
>unsure as to what needs to
>be defined, if anything, within root.xsd.


You need to somehow identify your link resources. You can achieve that by 
defining ID attributes for the appropriate elements in your schema, but you 
could also use XPointers to point out the nodes.

The identification of resources is a tricky issue in itself, however, 
especially when implementing extended XLink so the answers you'll get in 
this regard will probably vary. For a neat way for avoiding many of the 
issues, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/NOTE-XIndirect-20030612/.

Best,

/Ari
Next in thread → Next in month →