Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: TransformerFactory - system property has to be set somewhere?

From
Martin Honnen <>
To
Date
2004-05-15T12:25:01Z
ID
<c85271$7f6$>
Thread
Re: TransformerFactory - system property has to be set somewhere?
Karen Tegtmeyer wrote:

> I am using java jdk1.3.1 with Tomcat4.1
> 
> TransformerFactory tf =
> TransformerFactory.newInstance();
> 
> gives me an exception of 
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
> 
> I have tried everything I can think of.
> 
> These are the things I have tried:
> 1. I got the "jaxp-api.jar" file from the java web
> services developer pack 3.1 and placed it here:
> c:\tomcat4.1\common\lib
> 
> 2. I placed a file called "jaxp.properties" here:
> c:\jdk1.3.1\jre\lib 
> with this one line:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

I think you need Xalan as the XSLT engine and set that property to
   org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
Next in thread → Next in month →